Saturday, November 17, 2012

Guess I have to start somewhere

After years of reading everyone else's blogs, I decided to take a stab at it myself. Guess I'll start with telling you where the name comes from:

  • Sticks and strings: I'm a knitter. A serious, addicted, compulsive knitter. You may find me rambling about my latest projects, plans, and yarn finds.
  • Wheels: I'm a cyclist. A slow, out of shape, but well intentioned cyclist. I recently signed up with Team in Training to do the Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Our team starts training in March for the ride in July, but I'll be needing to get in shape before then. If you want to get a jump on helping me reach my fundraising goal, click here.
  • Sticks and wheels also refer to hockey. I don't play hockey (and can barely skate), but I'm a huge fan of the Detroit Red Wings (with the winged wheel logo). Living in Cleveland, I'm also a fan of our local Lake Erie Monsters. Look for me in section 126, row 10, seats 5 & 6 behind the Monsters's bench, our season ticket seats. We'll be cheering on Patrick Bordeleau and all our boys at Quicken Loans Arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment